Dear TEAM Punta Gorda Supporter,
Our mission statement reflects what has been at the core of our efforts since our founding.: “To make greater Punta Gorda a better place to live, work and play.” We completed many projects consistent with this mission, including:
- Created the 2005 Citizens’ Master Plan in the wake of Hurricane Charley
- Launched the “Paint Your Heart Out” annual campaign in cooperation with Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity re-painted nine need-based homes and The Blanchard House Museum of African American History in 2014. This has become an annual event
- Established the first free “Bicycle Loaner Program” in Florida; currently servicing over 40 yellow bicycles at 6 locations used by thousands of visitors each year
- “Bicycle Art” began replacing “Beautiful Bikes in Paradise” with painted bikes by artists. Each bike is a work of art. They are located at area businesses and other key locations
- Sixth annual Pedal & Play bicycle ride & fundraiser, in partnership with the Isles Yacht Club’s Leukemia Cup fundraising drive, hosted over 600 bicyclists in 2015 from all over Florida and several other states
- Facilitated the acquisition of two EMS bicycles for first responders
- Collaborated with the City and the County to install bicycle route signs
- At the forefront of the “Bicycle Friendly Community” initiative in progress, including the “Share the Lane” marketing and education project
- Created the Waterfront Master Plan; history is now in the making
- Successful “Community Gardens” project is flourishing throughout the city
- Facilitated the creation of the Punta Gorda History Center, now an independent 501(c) (3) organization
- Beautification landscaping and signage is ongoing; projects have included Marion Avenue, Herald Court, Hector House Plaza, Pocket Park, the Punta Gorda Train Depot and the Interactive Fountain
- Coordinated the Veterans’ Fountain Project at Laishley Park for local veterans’ groups.
- Participated in the creation of the Artisans’ Atelier, providing a much needed venue for local artists
- Collaborating with the Punta Gorda Chamber’s Economic Development Task Force
Please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to TEAM today.
It’s easy to contribute. Checks may also be made out to TEAM Punta Gorda and mailed to our office at:
227 Sullivan St. #124
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
To donate on-line, use the form below. When you click on SUBMIT, you will be taken to a Pay Pay payment page. You do not have to have a Pay Pal account; just click on the credit or debit card option to pay without logging into to Pay Pal.
Your Friends from TEAM Punta Gorda
TEAM Punta Gorda accepts donations in any denominations.
DOA Registration No. CH19819
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800) 435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.