The mission of TEAM Punta Gorda is to make greater Punta Gorda a better place to live, work and play.
- Support the preservation and beautification of greater Punta Gorda to make this a better place to live.
- Support the economic development of greater Punta Gorda to make this a better place to work.
- Sponsor and support community activities to make greater Punta Gorda a better place to play.
Each October committees set annual goals. These goals are approved by the Board and are consistent with our overall strategic plan. We achieve these goals through collaboration with governmental leaders and local organizations.
Core Values & Operating Principles:
- Sense of ownership
- Mutual Respect
- Not autocratic – respect for grass-roots nature of organization
- Small town, community-minded ethos
- “Can Do” attitude
- Flexibility – will take on the challenge
- Provide facilitative leadership – serve as a think tank for the community
- Based on Partnerships and Collaboration
- Incubate and nurture new ideas
- Relationship based
Unique Characteristics of TEAM Punta Gorda:
- An all volunteer organization (AVO) yet has the scale of a professionally staffed organizations
- Grass roots, non-partisan community service organization
- Working Board
- Activities are based on planning
- Shared Experience
- Composed of part-time and full-time residents
- Professional and geographic diversity
- Great talent pool
- Dedication to community – not self-serving
- Achieved credibility and stature in the community
- Operates at a high level of professionalism