TEAM Punta Gorda was founded in November 2004 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. We have been blessed with volunteers who have vision, determination, courage, commitment, and pride… a signature of our community. TEAM has consistently contributed to the community’s rebirth and is positioned to continue this effort well into the future. Check out TEAM's 2010-11 action plan by clicking here to learn more about the many projects we have going in the community. To learn more about some of TEAM's projects and results, click HERE.
Achieving these results requires financial support. TEAM is completely reliant on the contributions from our supporters to help further our mission. Funding sources include:
- Donations from citizens and corporate partners in our Continue the Journey Campaign
- Proceeds from our annual golf tournament
- Proceeds from our annual Pedal and Play In Paradise Bicycle Tour
- Paver program for beautification projects including the interactive fountain
- Proceeds from Destination Punta Gorda coffee table book
- Raffle at the annual meeting
- Proceeds from sale of TEAM logo shirts
TEAM Punta Gorda is an all-volunteer organization. That’s right—TEAM operates with all-volunteer help. This makes TEAM’s return on investment to our community incredibly strong. In addition to the extensive list of accomplishments mentioned above, community support also allows TEAM to:
- Support beautification programs, essential since the City’s beautification budget was eliminated
- Support initiatives identified in the 2010-2011 Action Plan
- Attend important seminars that will increase TEAM’s ability to deliver on key projects
- Attend community events where TEAM’s presence will help further our mission and achieve results
- Maintain an office for a base of operation with conference space for committees to convene and conduct business
- Maintain memberships in the Punta Gorda Chamber of Commerce, Charlotte County Chamber of Commerce, and other organizations to help further TEAM’s collaborative efforts
- Hold meetings to educate the public and recognize volunteer contributions
- Provide public information that is informative and professional including brochures, flyers, event materials, website, and newspaper columns
- Provide necessary insurance coverage required of a non-profit organization
TEAM Punta Gorda thanks its supporters for helping us achieve great results for our community. If you haven’t become involved, now is the time. There is a lot to accomplish and room for everyone to participate. You’ll be rewarded with the satisfaction that you helped your community.
Together Everyone Achieves More!